Friday, June 20, 2008

Mesa "Ver D"




Patrick - We left Moab and traveled two and a half hours to Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado. Apparently January and I say it wrong, because we thought Verde was the spanish word for green, but they call it "Ver D" instead of the spanish word "Vaird A". I just wrote it like that so you can tell how I am saying it. This is where the Anasazi, also called Ancient Puebloan Indians built homes inside the mountains. They were absolutely amazing. They had to climb down sheer rock just to get to their homes. We got to climb down stairs and up ladders to get to their homes. While climbing up the ladder, we noticed a woman wearing a spaghetti strap shirt that had underarm hair twice as long as mine. I am serious. It was crazy. We stayed the night in Durango, Colorado.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Patrick, I can actually hear your voice as I read this blog. You guys crack us up!